So Close!

I've finished the body of the second mitten! Now I just need to make the thumbs, weave in the ends and block them!

Amsterdam City Crest
 The crown on the top of the Amsterdam city crest represents the Hapsburg crown. The XXX shield -- though appropriate given the thriving sex industry in Amsterdam -- are actually Saint Andrew's crosses and probably come from the crest of a noble family.

Windmill
I am so please with how the windmill turned out. I think it is just so darn cute! And utilitarian, of course. Even though the majority of the windmills that I saw were the modern ones (imagine a pinwheel that you'd make with a pencil and folding three triangles of paper and pinning them together), I thought the traditional windmill represented a lot of the traditional culture of the Netherlands. Wind power!

No comments:

Post a Comment