Starting to Plan the Project

I've decided that I'm going to knit a pair of Deltware inspired fingerless mittens for my reflection project for LIS 570. I've always liked Delftware and after visiting the Netherlands, I really liked how much the Dutch seem to embrace their culture and heritage -- even integrating it into their current, daily lives.

What I would like to do is create a pair of stranded colorwork fingerless mittens and a small website to go along with them (ta-da!). I'd also like to write-up my pattern and make the charts for color work available so if anyone else feels inspired by my project, they can make their own.

The reflection project is due by 11:59pm on Monday, October 15, 2012. Between now and then, I need to...

  • Decide on basic shape and structure of mittens
  • Establish guage
  • Create colorwork charts based on Netherlands-inspired things
  • Knit mittens
  • Block mittens to relax tension in colorwork
  • Create website
  • Take photos
  • Share website!
Go go gadget: knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment