Meditation

Lots of folks think that knitting is really hard or frustrating, but I find knitting and most of the things that go with it to be pretty relaxing or even meditative.

In my last post I had two pictures of the yarn that I got from I Knit. The first picture is the yarn unwound in a twisted skein and the second picture is the yarn wound into a cake. The process of getting the yarn from skein to cake is typically pretty enjoyable for me.

I use a tool called a swift to support and spin the yarn.

My swift holding up Fyberspates Scrumptious 4ply in Midnight
To get the yarn into cake shape, I use a second tool called a winder that, as the name implies, winds the yarn up as I crank a small handle. The rhythm and natural sound the wooden swift makes is very relaxing.



Sometimes you run into a snag where the producer has gently tied a knot to help keep the yarn from getting tangled. It's an easy fix, but looks a little silly when you're trying to film a swift in action!


No comments:

Post a Comment